Saturday 23 May 2009

A lovely day...

Well on Thursday I had a wonderful day.
It started off pretty boring I couldn't even be bothered getting out of my dressing gown, so I went onto facebook for a chat with my old school pal who I had managed to find a couple of days earlier.
We chatted for a while and then I had this great idea of going to see her, now that's fine you might say but let me tell you that she was stunned - firstly we hadn't seen or spoken to each other for nearly thirty years and secondly she lives nearly 70 miles away.
So me being as impulsive as ever jumped into the car and off I went, I am so glad I did as it was lovely to see her again after all these years (even though I didn't recognise her at first - she said I looked just the same, just a bit older)
We met in a pub and had a few drinks (soft drinks of course) while we chatted about old times and caught up on each others lives.
I loved every minute and am so glad I went, I can't wait to go down again.

No comments: